Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekly Workouts: March 8-15

I forgot to post my workouts last week…oops!!  With hurting my back last Sunday (March 1), I took Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off.  I got back in the gym Thursday with a couple of modified workouts, and Friday and Saturday I was back to the full thing :)  It felt good to be back!

March 8
Rest day

March 9
3.9.2015 
Had a great workout today!  Hit my goals with no problem

March 10
3.10.2015
Didn’t quite hit my 12 minutes in the orange/red zone, but I was super close.  When we transition over to the weight room my heart rate really tends to drop into the blue and green and it’s hard to get it back up.

March 11
Today was a fun day at the gym.  My OTF studio designated certain “theme” days through the month, and today was “Superhero vs Villains” day.  I chose to be Raphael from the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” :)  (I did not work out with the face mask on…it was super irritating…and the shirt was a heavy cotton, which was not fun to get sweaty in!)

superhero OTFsuperheor OTF2 

3.11.2015
Got super frustrated with my numbers tonight.  But…at least I was at the gym instead of sitting at home, right?

March 12
3.12.2015
SO CLOSE!  The weight room killed my heart rate again.  For whatever reason my monitor seems to pull away from my body when I lay on my back, and we had a lot of exercises that required us to be on our backs.

March 13-15
Rest days – I went to the mountains for a relaxing weekend

My OTF studio has a couple of themed days this week that I’m excited about and I can’t wait to participate!

Oh…so…I may have tripped and signed up for a half marathon on a whim.  When my friend, Ramona, texted me that there were only 5 spots left in the Georgia Peach Jam half marathon, I threw my hands up and said “What the hell” and registered.  That gives me 5 weeks to get back into running.  I had planned to run when I got home from the mountains last night, but I got home later than I had anticipated, so I will get a couple in this week as well as running on the treadmill during my OTF sessions.  Oy!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Until next time,

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)