Friday, June 28, 2013

Foodie Friday – Chocolate Chip Brownies

When I was in middle school, my family hosted an exchange student from Thailand for a couple of weeks through the Friendship Force.  One of her favorite things that my mom made was her chocolate chip cookie brownies.

A few weeks ago, I remembered these and made them for the hubster.  He loves a soft chocolate chip cookie and I can never seem to get the cookies to be soft…but the brownies?  I actually got an “Mmmm” from him, and he’s my worse critic! :)

And here’s the recipe, courtesy of Nestle!

Ingredients
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz package) chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan or casserole dish.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.

FF1

Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl.

FF2   FF3

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  I crack the eggs into a small ramekin to ensure no shells make it into the batch!

FF4

Gradually beat in the flour mixture, adding a small amount at a time.  Stir in morsels and nuts.

FF5    FF6

Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.

FF7

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.  Let the brownies cool in the dish, then cut into bars.

FF8    FF9

I like these because they are soooooo much faster to make than cookies.  :)   In this recipe I didn’t add any pecans as these are for my coworkers and I’m not sure of any nut allergies.  You could easily substitute walnuts in the recipe as well.  I bought a bag of toffee bits to add into my next batch!

These would be a great dessert to take to a cookout or summer get together.  Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I’m going to do a make up back to back run since I didn’t get it in last weekend due to my mom’s visit. 

Until next time,

blog signature

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I bet they would taste so good with toffee bits! On a side note, the eggs in the red dish remind me of Mickey's pants. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL for the Mickey pants! You're totally right :)

      Delete
  2. I suddenly have a craving for soft warm brownies :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)