Friday, February 28, 2014

Foodie Friday – Philly Cheese steak Sloppy Joes

Sorry I’ve been quiet!  I’m a crappy blogger.  Maybe this recipe will make it up to you!

I like Sloppy Joes…my hubby does not.  We were at the gun range with some friends and got into a discussion about them, and they introduced us to the Philly Cheese steak Sloppy Joes.  They’re a tasty twist on the traditional recipe!

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
1 green bell pepper
1 cup beef broth
A1 steak sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Provolone cheese
Buns

Directions
1.  Sauté the bell pepper and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
FF1

2.  Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
FF2

3.  Once the ground beef has been browned, add the beef broth, steak sauce, salt, and pepper.  I also add some chili powder and garlic powder.
FF3

4.  Simmer until the liquid is almost gone.
FF4 

5.  I toast the buns, add a little mayo, and spoon the meat onto the buns.  Put a slice of provolone cheese on top, put the sandwich into the oven to melt the cheese a bit. 
FF5

These are a quick and easy dinner!  Hubby suggested that next time I get hoagies so it’s more like an actual Philly cheese steak sandwich.

I had an absolute blast in Jacksonville at the 26.2 with Donna half marathon and will have my recap up this weekend.  My next half marathon is the Georgia Publix half marathon at the end of March, so after a week of recovery I’m gonna hit the pavement next week.

Have a great weekend!

Until next time,

blog signature

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!! Good luck at your half in March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it but that actually looks good. Messy,but good. I use to love the Philly Cheesesteak pizza that Dominos had! Good luck at your half coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh these sound yummy!! :D Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)