Monday, May 7, 2012

My Mountain Escape

This weekend J and I actually had no plans, so we decided to head up to north Georgia to spend the weekend with my parents at their cabin.  It's located in Blue Ridge and is a nice break from our normal, slightly busy lives.

Friday night was uneventful - we picked up a pizza on the way in and ate at the cabin.  My parents got there at around 10 p.m. (they can't go anywhere without making a few stops), we chatted and then went to bed.

Saturday morning my mom, dad, and I got up early and headed to one of their favorite fishing spots.  Jason had some work to do so he stayed back at the cabin.  I enjoy fishing but when it comes down to it, I'm a total girl about it and won't touch the fish once I catch them, nor will I bait my hook with a worm.  That's why I chose to fish with corn, and it paid off!

First fish of the season!
Mom was nice enough to get it off the hook for me.  I was able to "catch" three more fish, but they got off the hook as I reeled them in.  Oh well...better luck next time.

We went back to the cabin, made lunch, and I decided to take a nap and boy, was it a nice one - it was a 3 hour long one at that!  Mom woke me up at around 6:30 to go run, so I dragged myself out of bed, put my running apparel on, and headed out with her and my brother's dog, Lee.  They walked while I did my running.  I went about 2.5 miles and let me tell you..running up and down some mountain roads with shin splints does not equal going very fast, but hey - I got out there and that's what matters. 
Here was our reward for my run/Mom's walk
 We had dinner and watched the Braves before heading to bed.

Sunday morning we slept in and just lounged - it's so nice to be able to do that!  J and I headed home at around 4 and grilled some steaks for dinner.  Not a very eventful weekend, but sometimes you just need to relax and unwind, and that's exactly what we did.  I'm hitting the pavement tonight after work, as long as the rain we're forecasted to get holds out.

Until next time,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you are just having way to much fun lately ;) Hope you took an extra nap for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend to unwind and destress...Those are super necessary and so helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)