Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Post :)

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We were away at my parents celebrating Christmas where we ate all the yummy food and had a great Christmas morning -

cabin 08 cabin 09 cabin 10

cabin 11

Then we headed up to their cabin in the north Georgia mountains for some R&R.  We lounged around a lot and enjoyed this view (when it wasn’t raining or foggy) -

cabin 07

We went into town one night for dinner, to watch UGA beat Louisville in the Belk Bowl, and play some trivia -

cabin 01 cabin 02

We had a low key New Year’s eve at a friend’s house watching the Orange Bowl.  When it came close to midnight I HAD to live stream the firework show from Walt Disney World -

cabin 03

On New Year’s day my mom prepared a fairly traditional Southern meal of ham, black eyed peas, cornbread, sweet potatoes, and my least favorite….turnip and collard greens…yuck!  I can only eat them with lots of sweet pickle juice poured on top.

cabin 04

We spent most of the weekend inside as it was pretty rainy, so we broke out the Dominos game and played a few times…one night we were up until close to 2 a.m.!

cabin 06

It was a really nice 2 weeks off of work and it will be hard to get back into the swing of things at work, but I’m ready to start the new year off right in so many ways (more to come on that later)

In the meantime, I hope each of you is geared up and having a fantastic start to 2015!

cabin 05

Until next time,

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)