Wednesday, May 6, 2015

“Feel the Oo” Oofos Review

Disclaimer: I received a pair of Oofos at no cost to me; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

One of the best feelings a runner can have is peeling off their shoes and socks after a long run.  It can also be unpleasant when your feet and legs are screaming “What did you just do to me?!?!”

Enter Oofos.

Oofos2

I’ve had a few friends who own a pair and RAVE about them.  I’m not one to skimp on a pair of flip flops but I didn’t understand what the hype was about Oofos.  When asked to review them it was the perfect opportunity for me to check them out.

The Oofos technology is fairly simple -  it’s powered by Oofoam and their patented footbed design.  Oofos offers amazing impact absorption, superior arch support, and they’re super comfortable.  I am not exaggerating when i say it feels like you’re walking on air!

Oofos comes in many different colors and styles -

Oofos

For myself, I chose the Oofos Original – this style comes in 11 different colors for women (sorry guys…only 3 color choices for you).  I went with a standard black because I knew it would be a more versatile color for me, but I LOVE the fuchsia and aqua colors!

I must admit that when I first put them on, I felt a little off balance.  I’m not used to wearing a flip flop with a little height (my standard footwear usually consists of my flip flops or my running shoes).  After a few wears I got used to it and really enjoy wearing them!  I slid them on after I finished the Georgia Peach Jam half and wore them for the rest of the day….even wore them to work the Monday after the race since my shins were still a bit sore.

OOfos3

I now find myself wearing my Oofos when I’m around the house or out running errands.  They will always travel with me for a race weekend….I definitely see them making my way into my suitcase for the Disneyland half marathon weekend.  Lots of walking in the parks and running a race?  I think my feet will thank me!

Check out their website here and find a local retailer so you can see what the hype is all about!

What do you wear after a race or workout for comfort?

Until next time,

blog signature

2 comments:

  1. Great review...I LOVE these, too and ordered black as well! :) My next pair will be one of the grey ones with the colorful band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely for post race. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)