Friday, April 15, 2016

#BostonStrong....Three Years Later

I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the moment the bombs went off at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon...

Earlier that morning I was watching the race on my computer at work, looking for friends crossing the finish line and cheering them on from Georgia.  I stepped away to go to lunch, and when I came back, I saw my Twitter and Facebook feeds blowing up with posts about bombs going off at the finish line.  I quickly tuned into CNN and saw a very different scene than earlier that day...one of utter chaos and tragedy...




It shook me to my core...lives were changed...who would have ever thought that something would happen at a race?  But runners are resilient people...they rise above obstacles that are put in front of them.  


Millions of runners across the country honored Boston in a variety of ways....group runs, wearing yellow and blue, heading to social media to show their respect and unity...it was an awesome thing to see and be a part of.  I participated in a "Boston Solidarity Run" put on by a local running store.




Today, I remember those lives directly touched by the senseless act of two people, and at the same time I'm excited for those who will be toeing the start line of the 120th running of the Boston Marathon on Monday.  I may be in Atlanta, but my heart will be with you guys in Boston.

#BostonStrong  #OneBostonDay


1 comment:

  1. Three years already...insane! I loved how the running community came together after the tragedy to show their support!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)