Friday, August 31, 2012

Vineyards and Breweries

Our original plans for the Minnesota trip were to head up north to my grandparents lakehouse, but those plans fell through.  Instead, we spent Saturday at a couple of vineyards doing wine tastings and took a tour of a local brewery.

First, we stopped at Saint Croix Vineyard in Stillwater, MN.  We tried some delicious wines and walked through the vineyard and apple orchard.

Lots of grapes!
J enjoying the tasting
Afterward, we drove into Stillwater to check out the Northern Vineyards Winery.  Here we only did the tasting since it was just a storefront of the vineyard.  (We all agreed that the wines from the Saint Croix Vineyard were better).

Then, we made our way to the Lift Bridge Brewery.  It was started about 4 years ago by a group of friends who enjoyed home brewing.  The tours and tasting are free, and they have a tap room where you can come in and have a pint (with free popcorn) and hang out with friends.

One of the owners and our tour guide
J thoroughly enjoyed this stop
After our tour we headed back into town and grabbed lunch at a great little stop, Leo's Malt Shop.  J and I shared a chocolate malt, he had a burger and I had a chili cheese dog.  All was delicious and I would definitely go back.

Tomorrow I'll recap my race!

Until next time,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)