Thursday, February 28, 2013

Disney's Fit For A Princess Expo - Day 2

If you missed my Day 1 recap check it out here!

Saturday morning we opted out of going to the 5k and slept in a bit since Amanda didn't get much sleep the night before with her eye, so we got ready and headed to the expo early to get there right as it opened.  It just so happened that about a thousand other Princesses had the same idea!  The line was wrapped around the hotel.  Lucky for us, Jules and L got there even earlier so we were able to jump in line with them.

We all headed straight to the KT Tape booth to get our body parts taped up.  L got her feel, Amanda got her ankles, and I got a knee and ankle.  They will tape one body part for free, but if you want multiples, you have to buy a roll of tape, which really isn't a big deal if you're going to continue to use it.  I used some of Jule's tape (thanks lady!)
Amanda snagged a picture for me
And here's the finished product -
She said that it was supposed to help draw the fluid out from around my knee...I'm not sure if it did that, but my knee didn't hurt for the whole race!

We shopped around a bit more and then I headed to the Art of Animation resort, where J was waiting for me.  I picked him up, got Amanda, and we headed to Downtown Disney to grab some lunch.  Sharon and her husband, D, checked into the hotel and met us at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.  I had a delicious Curry Chicken salad, Amanda had a Chicken Caesar, and Sharon had a Cobb...we all thoroughly enjoyed our choices.  Amanda's husband, also known as J, had arrived, so she went to meet him.  Sharon hadn't been to the expo yet so I took her and we left J and D to do their own thing (scary thought, right?)

We picked up Sharon's bib, and she got moved up a corral at the Runner Relations booth!  The line for the shirts wasn't nearly as painful as it was the day before, and neither was the official race merchandise booth.  We walked back through the booths and she made a few purchases.  We saw the official countdown clock to the half marathon and had to get a picture with it.
Hiding behind the countdown clock we spotted runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway and runDisney's "Diet Diva" Tara Gidus.  I got another picture :)
New Balance was there with their limited edition Mickey and Minnie Mouse inspired shoes.  On the back wall of their booth were all the names of the participants of the Princess Half Marathon.  Mine, of course, was at the very bottom so getting a picture was a little difficult.

Once we were done we headed back to the hotel to chill out beside the pool until the guys came back from wherever it was that they went (Port Orleans Riverside to the arcade I believe it was).  Once they arrived, we decided to meet for dinner at the resort's cafeteria.  We ordered my favorite food to carb load on - pizza!
After dinner, Sharon and I needed to get to sleep...we had an early wake up call in the morning!  The guys headed back to Downtown Disney to catch a movie and let us get a head start on our sleep.  I laid out my outfit to make getting ready in the morning a little easier -
I was all set to go!  I couldn't believe this day had finally come, so getting to sleep was a little hard.  I watched some TV and played on the iPad until my eyes got heavy and I finally drifted off to sleep.

Next up...the race!!!

Until next time,



  1. We are shoe twins! I love those new wave riders. So light! And that tape is crazy looking. But if it works, it works!

    1. I LOVE my shoes :) My feet started to hurt at around mile 10 but I think it was due to the fact that I've never run that far before. Hoping they don't bother me for my next half in 2 weeks!

  2. Aaaaa! Love reading this... it was like living it all over again. ツ

    1. Thanks! I'm excited for the Dumbo Challenge later this year :)


Your comments make me smile :)