Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wine and Dine Trip – Day 1

Yay!!!  The day that I waited for for close to a year had finally come!  We were jet setting to the Happiest Place on Earth – Walt Disney World!

WD1

I was so incredibly excited :)  We hadn’t been to Disney World since 2013 when I ran my very first half marathon, the Princess half, but we didn’t get to play in the parks since we had just returned from spending 2 weeks in Hawai’i…our last time in the parks was 2008 on a family vacation.  Needless to say I was ready!

WD2

Since it was part of my 2013 Christmas gift, we flew down to get us there quicker :)  We hopped on board Disney’s Magical Express and waited impatiently to arrive

WD3

We’re here!!  We got to our hotel, checked in, and headed to Downtown Disney for a late lunch and to meet up with my friend, Meg!  We met on social media in the past year and were finally getting to meet in person :)  We enjoyed a corn dog lunch from the Fantasy Fare food truck (highly recommend!)

WD4  WD5

After doing a little shopping for some new Alex + Ani arm candy…

WD7

We had a drink at the bar behind Cookes of Dublin (can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called), and then hopped a bus to the Polynesian Resort for dinner at the Kona Cafe!

WD13
This trip we decided to try some new to us restaurants and I’d heard good things, and it did not disappoint!  I had to have a Lapu Lapu, and my NY strip was tasty.  The hubby enjoyed his lamb chops and the swiss chard was AMAZING!  Meg had the noodle bowl and said it was very good.  For dessert I had the chocolate lava cake and hubby had a pineapple upside down cake.  AND they brought me a birthday cupcake, too! (We got it to go since we were so full)

After dinner we headed back to our respected resorts, but not before snapping a picture with Meg

WD229 
We had a busy day the next day – hitting up the expo and then off to Epcot!

How do you spend your first day at Disney?

Until next time,

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)