Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wine and Dine – Expo Day!

 

I love runDisney expos, don’t you?

They always have fantastic vendors, great speakers….and limited official race merchandise.  I informed the hubby that we would be up early to get to the expo as soon as it opens so that I would have a chance to get what I wanted before they sold out.  We grabbed a pastry from the food court before getting in line for the bus.

WD161
Hey…there’s no pretty way to eat a flaky cherry pastry :)

We jumped in line for the bus and were joined by my friend, Meghan, and her hubby and daughter.  Soon, we were off to the ESPN Wide World of Sports!

The last time I did a runDisney race at Walt Disney World was the 2013 Princess half marathon.  That year, the Braves spring training interfered with the race weekend, so it was held in the ballroom at Coronado Springs.  I was looking forward to checking out the WWoS for the first time.

WD162  WD24

Meg had gotten to the expo a little before us and was holding one of the race jackets for me, so I hurried over to the official merchandise area while hubby grabbed a beer :)  Earlier in the week the Disney Parks Blog had posted a sample of some of the items that would be available for sale during the expo, so I already had a mental checklist in my head of what I was going to get.  Luckily, I was in and out of the area pretty quick!  I got to say a quick hi to my friend Kimberly while shopping around, too!  I got the race jacket, an “I Did It” shirt, a medal pin, a magnet, and the Vinylmation medal (which they no longer sell).  On the right is the race shirt, my bib, after party wristband, $10 Disney gift card, and a coaster.

WD47 WD48

We walked by the runDisney booth to check out the hardware I would be earning the next night! (This was my favorite side)

WD17

Shortly after I stopped by the Sparkle Athletic booth to say hi to Kelly from According to Kelly!  She’s such a sweetheart and it’s always great to see her at the expos

WD19

We checked out a few of my favorite vendors, including Sparkly Soul headbands and Lasting Commemoratives to get my Wine and Dine bookmark, before heading over to the Fieldhouse to pick up my bib! 

WD21

After getting my bib, we went BACK over to the Jostens Center so I could pick up my race shirt.  We did one more lap around the expo before heading out.

WD22
runDisney posted earlier in the day that they had an area set up where you could get your picture taken and superimposed into another picture just by following them on Instagram.  Since I’ve been following them for quite some time and I absolutely loved the picture they were using to superimpose you into, we made one final stop before leaving the expo (I’m supposed to look like I’m running but I think I kind of failed)

WD30 

Next stop after dropping my purchases off at the hotel…EPCOT!

WD23

What’s your favorite part of an expo?

Until next time,

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)