Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekly Workouts : March 29 – April 5

Going away for Easter weekend threw a curveball to me with scheduling my classes this week, but I did get four classes in!

Sunday, March 29
3.29.2015

Monday, March 30
3.30.2015

Tuesday, March 31
Rest day

Wednesday, April 1
4.1.2015

Thursday, April 2
4.2.2015

Friday, April 3
Walked about a mile with my mom and the dogs at their cabin

Saturday, April 4
Rest day

Sunday, April 5
Rest day

Last week I had a really hard time getting my heart rate into the orange zone (as you can tell by my photos).  I’m such a numbers person when it comes to meeting a certain goal – knowing that we *should* have 12-20 minutes in the orange and seeing nothing but single digits really frustrated me…so much that I kind of sort of broke down after my class Thursday night.  A few other OTF members were still in the gym as well as our coach and had nothing but encouraging words for me, which I really appreciated.

Afterward, I had Coach Fox sit down with me and we looked at my stats all the way back from when I first started coming to OTF and now, which has been about 3 months.  As we compared them, he noticed that my average heart rate has dropped.  It’s a great thing because it means that my heart is getting stronger, but it also means I’m going to have to work even harder to get it up during our workouts.  He told me that he would help me get there, and I don’t have a doubt in my mind that he will.

I’m starting this week fresh and I’m ready to hit the gym tonight.  Hopefully I’ll see myself in the orange much more than I did last week!

What do you do when you get frustrated after a workout? 

Until next time,

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)