So what is it exactly? Well...
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.5. No tag backs.
So...11 things about me. Here it goes!
1. I was the first female at my high school to play on the baseball team. We didn't have fast pitch softball and that was the equivalent. Thanks Title IX!
2. I have never broken a bone
3. I have two younger brothers, both of whom are taller than me
4. I enjoy cooking and baking
5. I'm afraid of the ocean, yet I want to learn how to surf
6. I have a flip flop obsession
7. I'm not a huge fan of ice cream
8. My guilty pleasure is reality TV
9. I still have a lot of travel I want to do before having a child
Mary also had 11 questions for me to answer -
1. What inspired your blog name?
I used to be in decent shape - I played sports since I was 5 all through high school. When I went to college I didn't play as much, but always participated in intramural sports and used the weight room that we had. Once I graduated, I just stopped. Now I'm trying to get back to that place (or as close to it as possible) as I was
2. What do you like most about blogging?
I like that it holds me accountable. I also enjoy sharing my highs and lows of my journey and knowing that I have supporting readers, most of who are doing something similar as me and can relate
3. What was your dream job when you were a child?
I ALWAYS wanted to be a marine biologist and work with dolphins and sea life
4. Where is the furthest place you've ever travelled?
After using Google maps to calculate it (and having them tell me to kayak across the Pacific) the furthest place I've traveled is to Hawai'i. I've been twice and will be making my 3rd trip next year.
5. What is the strangest or most exotic food you've ever tried? And did you like it?
Hmm...my husband is always getting me to try new things, but I'm not sure. Probably a conch fritter in Key West. Not very exotic or strange, but it's all I've got.
6. What is your favourite film?
I have quite a few, and some may get some laughs :) Jaws, Top Gun, Ferris Bueller's Day Off...there's more but I'll leave you with those
7. Who is your favourite TV show character?
I'm not sure that I have one...I do love the Sex and the City women for their fashion
8. Do you have a crazy, far-fetched ambition and what is it?
If the money was good, I would be a camp counselor....I absolutely loved doing it in college
9. If your friends could describe you with one word, what would it be?
10. If money were no object, where would you live and why?
I would have multiple houses :) Gotta have one at the beach, one in the mountains, and one in the city.
11. What is your favourite book of all time?
One of my favorite ones is "PS I Love You". Yes, it's fictional, but it's so awesome to see the love he had for his wife, even after he passed away
And now my chosen recipients -
Carrie Ann - What Have I Got To Lose
Tess - Because I Want To
Kimmie - Barking Mad About Running
Danielle - Long May You Run
Hollie - Not Skinny...Healthy
Liz - Feet Dominating Pavement
Mary - There's Something About Mary
Amy - Longing for the Sea and Yet Afraid
Mallory - Battles on the Homefront
Bethi - Disney Mommi
Tabitha - Tab.A.Dilly
And my questions for them -
1. What inspired your blog name?
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
3. What has been your favorite race so far?
4. What is your favorite Olympic sport(s) to watch?
5. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. Name one thing you can't go without during the day.
8. What is your best childhood memory?
9. Do you have a favorite quote?
10. What keeps you motivated?
11. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
Karen at ...Losing it..., Brigid at Babbling Bridge, and Kristina at My Altered Perception all nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you ladies! :)
You've got 13 more hours to enter my Nuun giveaway!
Until next time,