Monday, July 9, 2012

An Hour Makes A Difference

I hope everyone has had a fantastic week!

We started the holiday off with a Braves game.  We usually have a nice little tailgate set up, but since it was just the two of us we grabbed Subway instead.  It's a good thing we did because about 10 minutes after we got to the stadium, the bottom dropped out of the sky and it POURED rain for about 45 minutes.  We ended up tailgating in the car.
FINALLY it stopped raining and we headed inside to our seats.  We love to sit in the outfield just a few rows up from the fence.  A couple of years ago Jason Heyward threw a ball up to us - still need to try and get him to autograph it :)
Great seats!
The game started an hour late because of the weather, so we ended up staying only until the 6th inning.  It was a big night for the Braves - Chipper was named to the All-Star team, he had his first 5 hit game since 2002, and they beat the Cubbies 10-3.

Wednesday I got up and met Sharon to run our virtual 5K for the Wounded Warrior Project.  I was having a great run until the Nike+ app screwed up with the GPS.  This is why I need a GPS watch ;)  After we ran we went to this awesome little diner called BBs Bagels and grabbed a quick breakfast.  They are THE BEST bagels ever!

When I got home J and I went to the pool for a couple of hours to get some sun.  It was his first trip to the pool and my second, and since we aren't doing any house projects this summer we plan to use it quite a bit!  We went home and grilled out for the 4th - baby back ribs, steak, homemade mac and cheese, and oven "fried" pickles.  So tasty!

Saturday we went out on Lake Lanier with some friends for the day.  We parked the boat and chatted, had drinks, dipped in the lake, and some even tried wakeboarding.  I'll give it a shot next time we got out.

Yesterday is where the title of my blog comes into play.  I set my alarm for 6:30 to get up and go run, but I hit snooze for an hour and ended up not getting started until closer to 8.  It was so incredibly hot!  The sun was up above the trees and beating down on me on parts of the trail that it normally wouldn't, and I ended up doing a lot more walking than I would have liked.  I did a 5.5 mile run, and it's my last long run before my 10K on Sunday.  Eek!  I hope I do better in the race than I did yesterday.  The weather is supposed to be cooler and I will welcome it with open arms for the race.  I have two 30 minute runs scheduled for this week, and with working my flex hours until 6:30, hopefully the air will cool down a bit.

And done!
Last Thursday I got my Foodie Pen Pal!  I can't wait to start putting her package together :)

Congratulations to everyone that ran the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th of July!  I hope everyone has a great week.  Stay hydrated!!

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. Timing is everything w/ running! I'm debating if I want to go after work today, when it's going to be like 80 degrees, or set my alarm for 5am tomorrow to beat the heat. Decisions, decisions...great job on getting out there!


Your comments make me smile :)