Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!

At the beginning of the month I told you that I signed up to participate in a Foodie Pen Pal program that Lindsey over at The Lean Green Bean hosts.

My pen pal was Marcy at Plating it Up.  She makes some yummy looking dishes!!  She contacted me fairly quickly and asked about my likes and dislikes, and I was so pleased with the end result.

I was backing out of the driveway Friday to head to my parents cabin when I glanced over at the porch and saw a package sitting there.  I jumped out of the car and saw that it was from Marcy!  I stuck it in the car and took it to the cabin with me and couldn't wait to open it when I got there.

Ooooo...wonder what's inside??
The first goodies I unwrapped were garlic and basil oil.  I LOVE both flavors and have never cooked with the oil before, so I'm really looking forward to using them!


 Next I opened the green tissue paper.  Inside there was a wheel of brie triangles and some cacao beans!


I puffy heart brie

 Finally, at the bottom of the box was a food I have been wanting to try out -
Yay!!
 I mentioned to Marcy that I've never had it but have wanted to try it, so she got me a box.  She said she cooks with it a lot, so I'm really looking forward to it.  (I hope I like it!)

Marcy, thanks so much for everything!!  And...I know this probably wasn't on purpose, but I loved the box she packed everything in -

LOL!!
Are you interested in participating in the Foodie Pen Pal program?  You don't have to be a blogger!  Head over to The Lean Green Bean and sign up before August 5th.

Until next time,

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you got a great box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Quinoa, and the box she got you happens to be my preference! I hope you like it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! The box is super awesome and so are the contents! I love cooking with Quinoa! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this foodie penpal on several blogs now. I think I'm gonna sign up. It looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)