Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm IN!

I can't believe I forgot to write a post about this!

A few weeks back I talked about registration for runDisney's inaugural Dumbo Double Dare.  With this being an inaugural race as well as the newly added 10k, it was sure to be a big hit...and with the Dumbo Challenge selling out in ONE HOUR, followed by the 10k and the half marathon...they were sold out in 24 hours!  Well...I was lucky enough to get registered for it!

I've never been to Disneyland so I am really looking forward to this trip!  My 409 friend and the one responsible for getting me into Disney races, Amanda, will be making the trip with me as we head out to California Labor Day weekend, along with two of her friends (who I will be meeting at the Princess half in a few weeks!), for a fun girls "racecation"! 

Super stoked about this trip for another reason - Disney is known for having some pretty awesome medals to give out.  Not only will I be receiving a medal for the 10k, half marathon, and the Dumbo Challenge, but I will also be earning my Coast to Coast medal!

Source
If you aren't familiar with runDisney, the Coast to Coast challenge is earned when you complete a race at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World in the same calendar year.  Since I will be running the Princess half in a few weeks, this will qualify me for the challenge!

Now to start thinking of costumes for the 10k and half marathon...

Will you be traveling to Disneyland for the Dumbo Challenge?  Would love to meet some of you there!

Until next time,

Jen

15 comments:

  1. Have fun! Not in this year but hope to be back to a Disney race in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Those races fill up so quickly, so you're lucky you got in. Sounds like it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! I figure since I can knock out the C2C and do an inaugural race it was worth it

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about your "magical" races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm sure I'll have tons to say :)

      Delete
  4. ME TOO! Can't wait! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool, and you are so lucky to have gotten in! Have fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry you didn't get in :( Hopefully next year!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Girl, we got this...think of it as a baby step towards doing Goofy!

      Delete
  7. I'll be there for the Dumbo too...I already have my coast to coast, but can't wait for the new race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, Amanda! I've never been to Disneyland so I'm really looking forward to it :)

      Delete

Your comments make me smile :)