Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Results Are In…

So I told you a couple of weeks ago that I went and saw a new doctor about my knee after injuring it during the Warrior Dash in April.  I had my MRI last Thursday and went back to the doctor today for my results.

They show me into the exam room and the first thing I see sitting on the counter is this -

knees

I’m thinking “Oh crap…”.  I never was really nervous about the appointment until I saw them laying there.  I have a couple of half marathons this year and would love to make Half Fanatic…I’m an ambassador for a couple of different races and I want to be able to run them…my mind started to wander as I waited for my doctor to come into the room.

Finally he walks in and says “Well I’ve got good news”.  YAY!!!

He said that my MRI showed no cartilage tears, my ACL looks good, and everything looks to be in tact.  He asked again where my pain was (outside of my knee) and examined both knees.  He determined that the right one had a little more “play” to it than my left knee (his terminology, not mine) and that he would recommend some physical therapy.  I asked if I could do it at home on my own, so we’re going to try that for 3 weeks and if it’s not much better at my next follow up, he’ll send me to PT a couple of times a week to strengthen it.

I also got a new brace – the one I received from my last doctor was very uncomfortable to run in, so I hope this one works a little better.  I plan to take it out for a test drive tomorrow – apparently I can return it in 2 weeks if it’s not working for me (score!)

So I’ll continue to hit the pavement hard with my Dumbo training and consider signing up for another race at the end of October to qualify me for Half Fanatics.

Thank you all for your positive words on Twitter…I really appreciate it :)

Don’t forget to enter my Race-Kred giveaway!

On a more personal note, today would have been my grandfather’s birthday.  Happy birthday Paw-Paw! Miss you :)

Until next time,

blog signature

14 comments:

  1. YAYYY!!! so exciting, congrats on the good news about the knee :) Make sure you wear the brace and do the PT, it will pay off in the long run!! If you do sign up for a half in the fall, you should probably let me know which one and maybe we can catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I do a half in the fall it will be down here in Georgia...I think hubby has put me in time out for traveling out of state for race for awhile after Dumbo :P

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that everything is ok! Any time I start to feel any sort of pain in my knee I freak out a little, but it never stays, so I guess it's just normal soreness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do the same...my dad has had both knees replaced and I hope that's not in my future!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you got good news! That's awesome about Half Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was relieved :) Hopefully it'll work out with Half Fanatics :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you got good news on the knee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was thinking positive but always had the thought of something worse in the back of my mind :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic news! Hope the home PT works well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pulled up Bloglovin' last night (after not being a good blog reader for a couple weeks) and found this post. How did I miss it? I remember the picture, but maybe you posted that to twitter or instagram. I hope you're doing all your prescribed home PT! I want you healthy at all those fall races, not on the sidelines. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)