About a month ago (yes…I know…) Karen over at Just Me and My Running Shoes nominated me and my blog for the “Very Inspiring Blog Award”. I love reading Karen’s blog and was touched that she thought of me to pass this along to. Thanks, Karen! (Check her blog out!)
There are some guidelines that I must follow :
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to their pages.
5. Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
So…Seven things about me!
1. I was the first female (and only one that I know of) to play baseball at my high school. My school didn’t have fast pitch softball, so I used Title IX and was able to play on the JV team. I did okay…got heckled a bit but it didn’t bother me!
2. I absolutely LOVE college football. My team is the Georgia Bulldogs. Although I didn’t go to UGA (I went to North Georgia College and State University), my school didn’t have a football team, and since my mom and brother went there, and I was also involved in 4-H, which is based at UGA, I claim them as my team. I make sure that I am in front of a television for all big games and can at least listen to the others. I’ll be scouting out a place to watch them take on Clemson in the opening game while I’m at Disneyland for the Dumbo Double Dare!
3. My husband and I didn’t like each other when we first met, but an attraction grew, and we’ve been together almost 8 years :)
4. I am looking to go back to school to obtain my teaching certificate in early childhood education. I want to eventually teach Physical Education in an elementary school and possibly coach softball or basketball.
5. I love to bake! My favorite thing to bake would have to be cupcakes. They’re easy to make, perfect individual servings, and decorating them is always a lot of fun. I got a ton of cupcake stuff for Christmas a couple of years ago.
6. For 4 summers while in college, I was a summer camp counselor at Rock Eagle 4-H Center and Wahsega
4-H Center. If I got paid what I do now to do that, I would make that my full time job in a heartbeat. It was so much fun running the high ropes course, climbing wall, herpetology lab, and so many other activities. 4-H was a huge part of my life and I have it to thank for so many opportunities I’ve had.
7. I love flip flops. I have somewhere around 8-10 pairs and wear them year round, even in the winter. I hate wearing shoes and socks, and even bring flip flops to races to change into! Sanuk is my favorite brand…check out their yoga mat flops…they are awesome!
And the nominees are!* Babbling Bridge
* Cows and Lasers and Everything In Between
* Higher Miles
* The Beginners Runner
* Slim Sanity
* Abby's Road to Amazingness
* Barking Mad About Running
* In the Life of a Runner
* My Life...My Way...
* MRScrashmattb thinks aloud
* Yo Momma Runs
* Run, Walk, Fastpass, Repeat
* It's A Harleyyy Life
* Mom's Magical Miles
Thanks again, Karen!
There’s still time to enter my Pro Compression giveaway! It ends tonight at midnight, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday.
Until next time,