Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Additions to runDisney announced

I’m sure most of you have heard and seen the buzz on social media that runDisney has yet again come up with a new challenge!

After seeing the successful sell out registration from the “Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare”, “Disneyland 10k”, and the new “Dopey Challenge” and “Minnie Mouse 10k”, they have officially added the “Enchanted 10k” to Princess weekend along with the" “Glass Slipper Challenge” for competing in both the 10k and half marathon!

The addition to the 10k will result in an extended Princess weekend and extra day of the Fit for a Princess expo.  Updated pricing information has not yet been released.  The 2014 runDisney Princess half marathon weekend will take place February 20-23.

Also announced is the release of a new Coast to Coast race challenge – runners who participate in Disneyland’s Tinker Bell half marathon AND Walt Disney World’s Princess half marathon are eligible to receive a pink version of the Coast to Coast medal, complete with a pink lanyard

pink c2c
                              Source – runDisney blog

Per the runDisney blog, registration for the Princess half marathon will open on June 11th on the runDisney website.  A limited number of participants will have the chance to register for both the Tinker Bell and Princess half marathon at that time.  If you miss out on registering for the Tinker Bell half marathon early, you will get a second chance when registration opens on July 9th. 

You can sign up to receive a reminder to notify you when registration opens at both events here.

Will you be participating in the new Glass Slipper Challenge and/or the Coast to Coast challenge?  What do you think of the medal?

Until next time,

blog signature

8 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about the Disney races (except the wicked early start times), and I plan on doing one (or more) of them one day, but not sure when!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do put on a great race...my first was the Princess and I'll be traveling to Cali to do their new Dumbo Challenge later this year! I'm so excited

      Delete
  2. I was already planning to run the 2014 Princess Half and now I'm planning to do the Glass Slipper challenge! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice! Since I'm doing 2 (well...really 3) runDisney races this yer I think I may sit next year out and go for Dopey in 2015 :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Run DIsney is seriously adding a ton of stuff! I have to run one of their races some day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend them at least once :) it's definitely a fun experience!

      Delete
  4. I am hoping to be able to do Princess next year, so hopefully I will be able to, and if that is the case- I am totally in for the Glass Slipper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)