Thursday, October 4, 2012

Done with Doctors (for the time being)

This week has been full of something no one enjoys doing....going to the doctor.

Tuesday I went to get my blood pressure checked out - it's been a little high and since heart disease runs in my family, I wanted to make sure everything was okay...don't really want to keel over during a race or something.  So it's official - I do have hypertension, and I have meds to help get it down.  He doesn't want me running until next Tuesday as the meds can make my blood pressure drop and make me feel bad, so he wants me to give my body a chance to get used to it.

But honestly -


Yesterday, I drove back to my orthopedist for a follow up on my knee.  I ended up seeing his PA as my doctor was out sick.  He said that as long as I felt my knee was not getting any worse, I was good to go.  If I feel that it does get worse I can call and make an appointment for an MRI and then surgery is the next option.  We talked about how much surgery would set me back, and while it would only be about a month or so, it's not something I want to do at this time.  It does hurt every now and then, but I've had knee pain for over 10 years.  As long as it doesn't keep me from running, I'll just wear the brace and take Aleve :)

Until next time,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Ick!! Def not a fan of the doc!! Glad youre done for awhile! Lol! Happy Thursday and spa love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely good news about your knee! Well, not good news, but at least it's not a pressing surgery that needs to be done ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)