!. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy, or other?
I've tried all of these...I like the Shot Bloks or Energy Chews before the race, and if I'm running a longer distance the GU is easy to take
2. RACE LENGTH: 5k, 10k, Half marathon, Marathon, Ultra, or other?
I'm loving the 5ks as that's primarily what I've been running...I think I'll enjoy the half marathon as I've already found some that I want to run after my first one!
3. WORKOUT BOTTOMS: Skirts, Running shorts, Capris, Pants, or other?
I prefer compression running shorts...they're longer and I don't have to worry about them riding up when I run.
4. SPORTS DRINK: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, stick to water, or other?
While I'm racing, I usually have Nuun in my water bottle...after the race I drink Gatorade or Powerade...whatever they're providing. I don't like to drink it while I run because it makes my spit feel thicker and not so easy to swallow
It was just starting to warm up when I started running back in March, so I haven't gotten to experience running in the cold yet...but I do know that I HATE running in the humidity!!!
6. RUNNING SHOE BRAND: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics, or other?
I big puffy heart my Mizunos and I'm already looking for my next pair.
7. PRE RACE MEAL: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal, or other?
I am not a fan of eating something heavy in the morning, especially before a race. I usually have a Luna bar or something similar.
8. REST DAYS: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or other?
Right now I'm only running 3x a week, but I hope to increase that to 4-5 days a week in the near future.
9: MUSIC: Have to have it or go without it?
I enjoy running with music...the beats sometimes help my cadence and pace. If I'm running with friends I won't use the music so that we can chat
10. #1 REASON FOR RUNNING: stress relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight loss, social reasons, or other?
My health. I want to be around for many many many years to come and I need to take better care of myself to make this happen.
Until next time,